Wylie was well represented at the 2021 Middle Clear Fork Soil & Water Conservation District’s annual Awards Program at Wylie High School in March.
Eleven Wylie students placed in the annual Poster Contest with three of those winning their age groups. Just to be entered into the contest is an honor, as Wylie students have to rise to the top of their campus to be entered. Once entered, they compete with other schools in the Conservation District for one of the honors.
Here are the students who were honored:
• Wylie Kindergartner Brock Gibbs placed 3rd in the Kindergarten division. His teacher at Wylie Early Childhood is Jessica Hagler.
• Weston Powell placed 3rd in the First Grade division. His teacher is Angela Parson at Wylie West Elementary.
• Breland Taylor won the 2nd Grade division. Her teacher is Tina Buckner at Wylie East Elementary. Blessed-I-Am Nguyen took 2nd, and Aspen Clawson took 4th. Kathy Burnitt is their teacher at Wylie West Elementary.
• Wylie swept the 3rd grade division with Kamryn Lawrence from Wylie East Elementary winning 1st place. Her teacher is Megan Flores. Andreya Alvarez from Wylie West Intermediate was 2nd. She is in Danita Bounds’ class. Kinslee Parrish and Rilee O’Donnell finished 3rd and 4th respectively. Kinslee is in Megan Flores’ class, and Rilee is in Sydney Heidenheimer’s class. Both are at Wylie East Elementary.
• In the 4th grade division, Nikola Vidaurri took 1st place, and Natalie Cannon finished 2nd. Nikola is in Melinda Hawkins class, and Natalie is in Diane McMillan’s class. Both are at Wylie West Intermediate.
Congratulations to all these students.
By Candy Reagan